Encounter the Peace of Christ:
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is the first of two sacraments of healing. This is the sacrament of spiritual healing for baptized persons who have distanced themselves from God as a result of sins committed. There are four elements to the sacrament:
- - confession to a priest
- absolution by the priest
Thu. before First Friday | St. Michael 5p - 5:30p
LIFE CONFESSIONS are available for those who have been away from the sacrament for a long time.
Pastoral Region Reconciliation Schedule:
4:00p - 4:30p Saturday | St Michael Church
5:00p - 5:30p Tuesdays | SS. Peter & Paul Church
The Pastoral Region preparation program for Reconciliation consists of these components:
1. Since parental involvement in catechesis is essential in the on-going formation of the child, a Reconciliation Parent/Child Meeting is scheduled approximately 2 weeks prior to receiving the sacrament of First Reconciliation. It is our expectation that parents will attend this meting with their child.
2. The child must attend Religious Education regularly and have already received the Sacrament of Baptism.
3. Children receive the Sacrament of First Reconciliation during their second grade year of CCD, typically in November.
St Michael Religious Gradke K-6 Education Coordinator
Ss. Peter & Paul Grade 1-8 Religious Education Coordinator Lisa Monnin
CRITERIA FOR READINESS
1. Can distinguish accident, inappropriate behavior, and sin according to the child’s age.
2. Must acknowledge sin.
3. Expresses sorrow for sin.