Confirmation is a sacramental outpouring of the Holy Spirit that leaves a permanent imprint on the soul, completes Christian initiation, and empowers us to be witnesses to Christ. The five effects of Confirmation are....
- It affirms our identity as children of God.
- It unites us more firmly to Christ.
- It increases in us the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- It strengthens our bond with the Church.
- It strengthens us to spread and defend the Faith by our words and actions, to be fearless witnesses to Christ and the power of the cross.
(see Catechism of the Catholic Church 1302-1305)
In the Newport-Fort Loramie Pastoral Region (St. Michael and Ss. Peter and Paul parishes) freshman year is dedicated to preparing for and receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation and then learning to effectively live as a disciple of the Church. We use "Purpose" a Confirmation program by Lifeteen.