The New Port Fort Loramie Pastoral Region High School Religious Education program aims to lead pre-teens, teens and their families into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church. With Mary, the Mother of God, as our intercessor and guide, our Religious Education program seeks to empower students with solid knowledge of and excitement for the Catholic Church.
Students do not learn the Catholic faith by memorizing rules and listening to lectures. They learn the faith by observing adults in their lives as they live out the faith and by taking part in lessons and activities that help the students connect the lessons with real life. At St. Michael we encourage a balanced education which is not just class time but time engaged in Youth Ministry as well. Our goal is to blur the lines between the Religious Education program and Youth Ministry program knowing that it takes both programs to adequately form a foundation in faith.
St. Michael Religious Education Program exists to provide its students with a basic, yet firm foundation of religious education that is developed and nurtured within a faith-filled environment. This is accomplished when these goals are achieved:
- To proclaim the message of Jesus Christ, by providing a religious program based on Scripture and Tradition.
- To encourage reception of the Sacraments by preparing students to understand and appreciate their importance and necessity in their life.
- To foster growth in a faith community by providing valuable experiences of shared prayer and worship.
- To encourage a spirit of charity and service, by promoting positive Christian attitudes to one's responsibility toward God, others and self.
- To foster cooperation and communication among staff, parents and guardians, and students.
CLASS DAYS AND TIMES
Religious education classes are held on Wednesday evenings from 7:00-8:15 for grades 7-12 at Fort Loramie Junior/Senior High School. Those who cannot attend on Wednesday evenings should contact the Religious Education Office for alternative options.
Grade 9 "Anointed in the Spirit" by St. Mary's Press and "Chosen" by Ascension Press
Grades 10,11,12 For these upper grade level faith formation classes we utilize a variety of resources from Lifeteen.com, Ascension and Pflaum publishing.